It will be a great opportunity to share impressions and insights as I learn from scholars and practitioners focused on understanding and supporting the nonprofit sector. Particularly exciting will be the chance to participate on what promises to be a thought-provoking panel on Thursday afternoon, titled "Board Process and Context: The Role of Communication, Interpretation, and Learning."
Not only will I be sharing highlights from my dissertation research (video overview here), but I'll have a chance to meet and hear from the authors of three intriguing papers I've been privileged to read. Great minds apparently do think alike: there are many intersections across our work. There's so much to learn - and share - about nonprofit governance!
You can follow my Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/npmaven. To follow all of the Twitter activity from the conference, follow the hashtag #arnova09.
In addition to updates on this blog, check out these ARNOVA member blogs:
- Heather Carpenter (nonprofitleadership601.blogspot.com)
- Graham Dover (www.inov8.ca & www.si2.ca)
- Lindsey McDougle (leadershipasafieldofstudy.blogspot.com & thirdsectornetwork.org)
- John Ronquillo (johncronquillo.wordpress.com & thirdsectornetwork.org)
- and guest bloggers Taylor Peyton Roberts, Alice Walker and Debra Weiner