I'm very proud of the agenda that our (volunteer) curriculum team put together this year. I had the pleasure of unveiling that agenda on their behalf this week, and I want to alert readers of this blog to its availability. I also want to let you know that the early bird registration deadline is next Friday, July 27.
To access the agenda, please click on this link to go to the SRNI website. There you will see a link that says "This Year's Institute." Click on that to see the agenda. If you prefer a downloadable PDF file, click on the "download agenda" link at the top of the page.
Some agenda highlights that may be of interest to local boards:
- The opening session on "Collaborating with Main Street," featuring Mary Randolph of Wyoming Main Street
- "Transparent Nonprofit Governance," featuring Laramie CPA Mark Mader
- A lunchtime roundtable featuring Lorna Johnson, Jill Lloyd and Anne Bunn of the Downtown Clinic (a case study highlighting the collaborative effort that created the clinic)
- "Effectively Operating a Nonprofit Board," featuring extension educator Milt Green
- "Nonprofit Boards -- Governance or Not," featuring Joanne Davis of Wyoming Analytical Laboratories
Actually, you'll be wowed by our entire group of speakers. Click on the "News" link, where you'll find profiles of many of our workshop presenters (with more added daily).
Please consider joining us for SRNI 2007. If you're unable to attend personally, please consider sending members of your staff. It's a great professional development opportunity, right here in Laramie.